January was an out of this world adventure. While things have calmed down some, I’m working on that whole “balance” thing, some new developments have arose and I’m very much looking forward in the next month or so sharing bucket list worthy news.
No, I’m not pregnant. No, I’m not getting married. No, I’m not moving to a different country.
- I met Darren Hardy! What better way to kick off 2018 than with an influencer like the former publisher of Success Magazine. If you don’t know who Darren is or you want to hear about my morning of epic inspiration, check out the first in a new series on the blog – A Morning With.
- Speaking of A Morning With, I decided to launch a new monthly series on the ETC blog to share notes from my morning (or afternoon) with amazing influencers, motivators, thought leaders, and just overall amazing humans. Just wait until you get to spend a morning with my mom over mimosas.
- Job changes can be tough, especially when outside life seems a little insane. But a fresh start early in the year boosts a new creative landscape. I recently took on a whole new role at work, in addition to my previous responsibilities. We’re only about a week in and while I feel like Nemo (just keep swimming, swimming, swimming), I have had a blast so far retraining my brain, learning new things, and seeing how much info I really can store behind the blonde hair.
- I booked my first ever trip to … HAWAII! I’m not very impulsive, I really like to plan and overthink and double check my decisions, and even as a grown woman, I still like to have my mama’s approval sometimes. But in this case, I just went for it. It will be a little belated birthday celebration with family AND I get to cross off one more state from the bucket list.
Top Book – Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
Top Movies – The Greatest Showman / Three Billboards
Top TV – Black Mirror / Assassination of Gianni Versace
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Map of the United States scratch off style – hang it on the wall and scratch off each state you’ve visited. This is exactly what I needed for my bucket list.
- Blank notebooks – for journaling, for brain dumps, for writing stories, for keeping lists, for tearing out pages when you need to throw out your gum and there isn’t a trash can.
- Color by Pixel
- Cranberry Tangerine chapstick from Melaluca
- Chip Cookie Company
- Make Your Bed by William McRaven
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
- Cross the Line by James Patterson
- The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
- A Guinea Pig Pride & Prejudice by Alex Goodwin
- Nothing is Worth More Than This Day by Kathryn Petras
- The Futures by Anna Pitoniak
- 9 Dragons by Michael Connelly
- S is for Silence by Sue Grafton
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Coming Up This Month (aka February):
- Lolo Library Corner
- More podcasting
- Will you marry me?
- A Morning With … Bryan Harsin, head coach for the Boise State Broncos football team