October was a busy month and it’s only getting busier with the holidays coming up. We made it through dressing up, and the weather starting to change finally, and now we’re gearing up for some insane creative time while we’re staying inside where it’s warm.
1. I’ve been getting together with a group of nerdy friends to combine our collective creativity to create a new multimedia company. We all come from different backgrounds, we all are different personalities, and we all have different skills. It’s a trifecta. We’re three weeks in with planning, the website is in progress, and I’m stoked to soon be able to share it with you all. Here’s a hint: they call me “North“. Launch date is only a couple weeks away.
2. The Keto lifestyle is begging for me to make dinner more. You might start seeing some great recipes popping up here and there with a twist or two on the original. If you’ve never made homemade cauliflower mac & cheese and cauliflower mashed potatoes – you’re going to want to try it. I’ll never go back to Kraft. And Keto Fried Chicken isn’t too bad either.
3. Who knew wedding planning could be so fun? Not my wedding but I jumped on board helping a bestie plan her wedding and it’s amazing, and fun, and I’m getting all sorts of ideas and goodies that I hope to share once the adventure has reached wedding time.
4. NaNoWriMo starts today! That means I need to come up with a substantial story idea, time block every day to write, and get motivated! I also found my first accountability buddy that I know and see regularly so hopefully that will help.
5. We took a hike up to Tablerock in Boise on a whim one evening. I’ve never hiked it at night, plenty of times during the morning and a couple times drove to the top to save time, but the man friend has never been up there so it was great to share the experience with someone knew. It is about a 30 minute hike up (with a couple steep inclines and had our legs burning for days). However, it’s so worth it when you get this view!
6. November Book of the Month selections are out and I wish I could read them all. I recently joined as an affiliate and still playing catch up on past BOTM selections. November we’re talking a Tom Hanks debut book of short stories, a new Alice Hoffman (Practical Magic), and a new Andy Weir (The Martian) – to name a few. Join today and get a free book with code FREEBIE.
7. Halloween was killer this year! I tagged along with a steampunk crew for two nights of live music and dancing, did it all again for work, and even through in an early 80s rocker for a pre-Halloween gathering. 13 Gears knocked it out of the park with my original and locally made goggles.
- July by Audrey Carlan
- Private Down Under by James Patterson
- Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King
- O is for Outlaw by Sue Grafton
- Come and Get Me by James Patterson
- The House Husband by James Patterson
- Alert by James Patterson
- French Kiss by James Patterson
- The Writer’s Roadmap by Jeff Goins
- The Christmas Mystery by James Patterson
- French Twist by James Patterson
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini
Coming up in November:
- Alter Egos Reboot
- Launching new creative endeavor with friends
- Catch up on my reading – 75/100 books read this year – 25 to goal
- NaNoWriMo adventures
- Create a couple ebooks
- Launch my vlog
What are you creating? What adventures are you going on?