Book 4 completed – The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Currently Reading – H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton
Number of Pages Read – 694
Number of Minutes Read – 460
Book 3 completed – The Usborne World of Shakespeare by Anna Claybourne & Rebecca Treays
Number of Pages Read – 355
Click here for more detail update.
Book 2 completed – William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back by Ian Doescher
Number of Pages Read – 291
UPDATE 1 (7am)
Book 1 completed – Artists and their Cats by Alison Nastasi
Started Book 2 – William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back by Ian Doescher
ORIGINAL POST (6am)
Here’s the thing. I like the read. Obviously. And as of late I haven’t had time to do as much as I wished, AND the past couple years I have not had as much time to participate in the twice-yearly Read A Thons.
So I’m going for it this year. I’m up early. I’m snuggled up on my couch with the fire going, tea boiling, and I’m ready to decide which book is going to kick off the morning.
All around the world people are participating and starting all at the same time. Not to bore you with blog post after blog post, on this page, I’m going to post my updates all here on this post.
But come on over to my book blog – Reading Comes From Writing – and see continuous updates, fun and games. You can enjoy this opening meme now:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m reading from Boise, Idaho. Quite a fabulous place.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to all of them, but I have a couple that have been sitting on the shelves since maybe 2009 and it’s about time they were enjoyed.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to blueberry muffins, and whatever else I can chock up. It’s a mystery.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m an avid reader – averaging about 100 books read per year, if not more, sometimes less. I love all genres pretty much. I’m reading with my two kitty cats and hopefully my roomie will join me for a bit. I live in my dream princess castle which makes it very easy to never want to leave and just keep reading.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think I just don’t want to stress out about the numbers and just focus on having fun. I’ll try and be good about my tracking but who knows.
You can start placing bets now on how long I might last. Did I mention the goal is 24 hours?
See you soon.