It comes time and time again to my view that I am one of those people who pushes themselves to difficult extremes, setting momentous expectations for myself, and in the end someone I end up disappointed versus elated. A great lesson I learned this year, is that it’s okay for the plan to change, the goal to change, and to let something go.
So for 2015 I’m writing a really good book. And page one is turning out to be pretty amazing because I’m organizing what I want this year to look like and I’m telling myself along the way that it’s okay if it changes. Because life is all about change and adventure and trusting in God’s plan for us.
I’m setting some lower expectations for myself, to enjoy the year and see what unfolds. Here’s my short list:
- Keep and update a journal regularly – daily if possible
- Daily gratitude journal – if you need an app suggestion check out Gratitude365
- Exercise regularly – run, daily plank and crunches
- Meal planning and healthier meals
- Keeping an organized home – making bed, all dishes away after use, laundry kept up, house clean
- Read 30 minutes a day
- Write daily
- Drink a gallon of water a day
- Stick to my budget
- Read 100 books in 2015
What are your goals and plans for 2015?