And I have 13 books left to read before the end of the year to meet my goal of 109 books read in 2014. And considering that I got behind during many months, I’m in crunch time to make quota. That’s technically a book a day from here on out … or a massive read-a-thon.
This is a pretty typical picture above of my nightstand of a given day:
- wine, water, tea
- normal alarm clock
- AWESOME projection clock that tells me the time on my ceiling in the middle of the night
And in this case two battery operated candles that I have been too lazy to replace the batteries in so they actually work … so they are decoration.
PLUS bobby pins, hair ties, lotion, and dust.
Back to the point. 14 days – 13 books. Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Portrait in Death by J.D. Robb
- Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott
- Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
- Mystery of Crocodile Island by Carolyn Keene
- The Thirteenth Peal by Carolyn Keene
- What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
- Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich
- Home Again by Kathleen Shoop
- Mystery Ranch by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- The Jane Austen Handbook
- The Auschwitz Escape by Joel Rosenberg
- The Last Jihad by Joel Rosenberg
I like to plan, but when it comes to books, sometimes something else takes my attention. And with over 500 books that I own that I have never read, the options are endless and most likely something on this list will change at a moments notice.
So … what are you reading that I should be reading?