Hosted by Natasha at Maw Books
January 8-10, 2010
January 8-10, 2010
Natasha at Mawbooks is once again hosting the popular Bloggiesta – an event designed to help bloggers…
…cross those nagging items off of your to-do list and improve your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two!
Natasha describes Bloggiesta as a blogging marathon and lists some ideas of what bloggers can do over the three day event:
- Write reviews.
- Write backup posts for a rainy day.
- Write that great post idea from three months back.
- Work on series posts.
- Write guest posts.
- Put out invitations for guest posts.
- Conduct and edit author interviews.
- Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities
- Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
- Create a text file (or Google Doc) of cheat sheets (html codes, post url’s, etc)
- Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.
- Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.
- Clean up and update your challenge lists. Link up your posts with hosts.
- Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date. Brand yourself through those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.
- Go get a gravatar.
- Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
- Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.
- Clean out and organize your feed reader and blog subscriptions.
- Create an elevator pitch.
- Make business cards.
- Find a blogging buddy.
- The sky’s the limit!
Some more information you might need:
- The date is Friday, January 8th, Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th. You can really start whenever you want within that time but official hours are 8am to 8am (wherever you are). That is a total of 76 hours, of which you should aim high for a total of 18-24 hours spent on the challenge. The hours spent on the challenge do NOT need to be in a row. Use the entire 76 hour time frame and see what you can do with it. (Natasha says aim for 24 hours but really if you can only do six, twelve or eighteen that’s fine too. I just like to have something to aim for.)
- It’s your call as to how much you want to put into it. But you have to put something into it or it’s not a challenge. So stay up all night or sleep and take care of kids when you need to.
- When you start the challenge, go to Mawbooks and to the “starting line” post and link to your specific post about beginning the challenge which is posted on your blog.
- How many updates (if any) you want to do is up to you. Make it work for you. There will be bloggers hosting mini-challenges as well. These are great to learn new information. To get an idea of the mini-challenges last time, check out the list.
- If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to join the chatter.
- Your final summary post needs to be posted no later than Monday, January 11th. Come back to the finish line and link to your specific summary post. Your summary should include the number of hours spent on the challenge, what you accomplished, links to mini-challenge hosts if you completed them and any other experiences you’d like to add.
Need more information or want to sign up? Visit the post about the event on Mawbooks.