So, the annual spring Read-a-Thon created by Dewey starts tomorrow, at 6am my time (lucky me), and continues for 24 hours. I had a harder time this round to figure out what I wanted to read, and so my list is rather long.
To recap, last year I read five (5) books, read for 13.5 hours (had a party to go to), read 1,014 pages, and participated in three mini-challenges.
This year, I have no engagements and want to up last years accomplishments. I would like to read more than 5 books (which I’m pretty sure is doable), read at least 1,015 pages, and participate more in the challenges.
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (179 pages)
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (156 pages)
- Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (291 pages)
- Pretty Little Mistakes by Heather McElhatton (500 pages)
- Dear Jane Austen by Patrice Hannon (156 pages)
- Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons (126 pages)
- Letters to a Young Poet by Ranier Maria Rilke (123 pages)
- Love Letters of Great Men Volume 1 (132 pages)
- The Chronicles of Narnia (all but the first two) (570 pages)
- The Pillars of the Earth by ken Follett (229 pages)
- Violets are Blue by James Patterson (393 pages)
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (119 pages)
- 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles (104 pages)
- 300 by Frank Miller (88 pages)
One (Ellen Foster) was on last years list, Pretty Little Mistakes is a “do-over” novel meaning that despite the page number the story you read may not even be half as long (explain once I finish), and The Pillars of Earth is already in progress with less than 200 pages left. I won’t read this probably until I have the energy since it is more time consuming. Also, I have already read two the stories in The Chronicles of Narnia, so I will only be reading from those I have not yet already read.
I also have started Four to Score by Janet Evanovich but I may not include this in my reading unless I feel like I need a Stephanie Plum escape.
my reading companion, Fergie
See you all bright and early (for me) tomorrow!! Happy reading!