1. What are you reading right now? “William Wilson” in the Eight Tales of Terror by Edgar Allan Poe.
2. How many books have you read so far? 3. One of them from front to back and the other two I had previously started prior to the start of the read a thon.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’m looking forward to finishing up Two for the Dough and hopefully getting in at least one or two more full books.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I tried but in the end my friend decided to throw his house warming tonight and it seemed silly to not go just so I could read. Besides, they wouldn’t understand. 🙂
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Only one phone call and a shower break but they were welcomed. I need a few minutes to rest my eyes and move from the bed.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How quickly the time is passing. I feel like I’ve barely started reading again and the next hour is up.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not yet, but I’ll keep my thoughts open for the second half.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I may set goals, but so far I’m enjoying everything so far.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I’ve had a couple moments a couple hours ago but I’ve hit a second wind. I have a feeling the next half will be harder, especially after coming home from a friend’s house. It will be the middle of the night for me and I’m usually in bed fairly early.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nothing to mention as of yet, but if I think of something I’ll post it.
Title of book(s) read since last update: Eight Tales of Terror by Edgar Allan Poe – “The Fall of the House of Usher”
Number of books read since you started: 3
Pages read since last update: 49
Running total of pages read since you started: 740
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 45
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 525 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 3